How to effectively manage network infrastructure in a heating company. Successful implementation in OPEC Gdynia
System allows for building a standardized database for network assets, including the network model and network objects.
The core business of OPEC Gdynia is the production, distribution and delivery of heat energy as well as the generation of electricity in the process of cogeneration. The company manages over 300 km of heating networks, covering more than 60% of heat demand in Gdynia, Rumia, Wejherowo and part of Gmina Kosakowo.
The client’s main challenge was to optimise and reduce the costs of network infrastructure management.
For this project, the client chose our solution supporting the management of the heating infrastructure in the scope of recording, maintenance and development of the heating network.
Our task was to perform a business analysis and implement the system supporting the processes of maintenance and development of the heating network. In order to carry out the implementation process effectively, implementation team was made up of both the client’s and Sygnity’s employees, who cooperated closely throughout the implementation.
The Network Asset Management System enables:
- effective registration of network asset data (i.a. keeping current data updates together with related documentation,
- network development (supporting the handling of applications addressed to the operator, granting of technical conditions and location arrangements,
- asset management – handling claims concerning transmission easements,
- integration with the billing system in the area of customer and node data.
Thanks to the Network Asset Management system the client:
- Manages data more conveniently, he stores all technological data in one spatial database and has convenient access to it (doesn’t have to log into several or more systems)
- Manages the district heating network and plans works on the network more effectively, thanks to up-to-date information about the technical conditions of the district heating infrastructure
- Makes better business decisions, thanks to reliable data, the ability to simulate business processes and more accurate task planning
- Reduces the risk of failures and errors, thanks to quicker detection of irregularities in network operation and the possibility to precisely locate them
- Improves customer service in the area of handling applications for technical conditions
- Provides more effective support for operators in the area of e.g. network development plans thanks to access to information on issued connection conditions or locational arrangements and the possibility to introduce planned heating network routes
Example system screen
Talk to our expert